Everyday, you get 24 hours. What do you do with it?
It is a very good habit to learn to keep track of your time and account for it. It is an habit that could change your life forever!
In 2011, I started replying to a daily email that semi-nagged me: WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY? I would then reflect on the day and write down the tangible tasks I performed during the day. This is a practice I still do up till this day. Replying those emails went a long way in helping me shift my mindset towards higher productivity, when it came to making the list at the end of the day, I could not list the 20 items on my to-do list. I could only list the things I had done.
You must not just allow the days to keep rolling away, you should try and account for the days. You might need to ask yourself questions such as:
- What purpose have you attached to each day?
- What is the one thing you must get done each day?
- How does the day’s task fit into the greater mission?
- Are you getting things done or are you busy creating excuses?
Take charge of your day, plan it properly and engage in activities that are actually productive. We only get 24 hours in a day, can you make it count?
I want to point out that Lionel Messi is 27 years old and he is a world class footballer. The difference between Messi and his jobless 27 year old Nigerian fan who pays to watch Messi play football is in the way they used their time. They have both spent 27 years on the planet, but obviously, one of them has used his time more productively than the other.
You have 24 hours to use up everyday, can you make it count?
Watching The World
- The battle for Africa’s ecommerce rages on as Jumia just picked up $150 million in a Series C round. TechCabal has the story.
- Some Nigerians just picked up an award for their Android App, ỌMỌMI that caters for a child’s health needs.
Interested in building innovative business ideas?
Since 2014, #TMP has been empowering people to learn, collaborate & build out innovative business ideas. #TMP is an online innovation hub.
Sign up today and get access to our private community of innovators.