You might have had that feeling before, you wake up in the middle of the night with a bright idea, you work hard at it trying to bring it to reality in the shortest amount of time possible. You make the assumptions many people make: When I build it, the customers will come.
You already imagine 10,000 people signing up on your website in the first 24 hours (is that not that what we read in various success stories?) or all the cars packed outside your new fast food restaurant. All these things rarely turns out that way.
It is certainly not impossible to get 10,000 new customers on your launching day, but becoming the kind of person who can make such a thing happen is not an easy task. If you wanted that to happen, then it will require one of the following scenarios:
- You have an existing successful business, so the new one rides on the old one
- You have a huge following, so that once you announce the new thing, people are ready and willing to check it out
- You get a celebrity endorsement. Imagine what happens when a famous person personally endorses your work
Ok, wake up now… For the other 95% who probably do not have any of the 3 scenarios highlighted above, keep this at the back of your mind; if you build it, they will not come.
Nobody starts a business and start wishing in (or even praying in) the customers, you have to go out there and get them!
Remember, you will always miss 100% of the shots you do not take.
Taking a shot could make all the difference between winning or losing. That is why you must take that next step; make that phone call, send that email, text old business contacts, go out there and start raking in the customers.
Watching The World
- A former school teacher, Jack Ma started Alibaba in 1999. Yesterday, Alibaba raised about $21 billion as it went public. (What is Alibaba? You should check out this link for an answer)
- By the way, Nigerian Blogger Linda Ikeji just bought a N24 million brand new 2014 Range Rover. (That is what hard work and diligence can fetch you)
Interested in building innovative business ideas?
Since 2014, #TMP has been empowering people to learn, collaborate & build out innovative business ideas. #TMP is an online innovation hub.
Sign up today and get access to our private community of innovators.